Monday, November 22, 2010

Naan

David Herbert, loves his Naan and I do too. It is nice to try a converted recipe, and have it work the first time. It is simple, no long list of ingredients and no complicated method. TMX handles all that.

500g bread flour. I used Laucke Crusty White Mix.
1 teaspoon salt, if not using mix.
7g. dried yeast
300mls warm water
2 Tablespoons of plain yogurt.
1 Tablespoon of Vegetable oil, I used Rice Bran oil


Set oven to 230c. (I used fan assist). Place heavy metal tray in oven to heat.

Add all ingredients to TMX bowl and knead on bread setting for 4 mins.
Leave in bowl and place in warm spot for 30 mins or until it doubles.
Turn dough out on to well floured mat, flatten and roll into long sausage. Cut into 5 pieces , for large naan or 8 pieces for smaller ones.

Working with 2 pieces at a time, roll and stretch until 5mm. thick.
Brush with oil, (can be flavored with garlic) and sprinkle with sesame seeds or herbs.
Place on hot oven sheet and cook for 10 mins until a bit puffed and light brown on top.
Remove from oven and wrap on clean tea towel.
Repeat until all are cooked.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I made this for tea tonight to go with a chicken curry. They worked perfectly and tasted delicious. I didn't have any natural yoghurt so I used 2tbs milk but I don't really think it was needed. I sprinked dried coriander on top before baking.

Unknown said...

Thanks sounds delicious. Will try tomorrow night.

Anonymous said...

I want to cut out all the needing etc,can this be done in my bread-maker?